History

The Church that named the Town... Smyrna


 

Our church was established in 1810 and recognized by the Presbytery in 1820.  It was first located near what is now the Smyrna golf course and had met from 1912 until July 18, 1999 at the corner of Maple Street and Sam Davis Road. 

The town of Smyrna got its name from the nearby church (Smyrna Presbyterian Church – Now First Presbyterian Church of Smyrna) when the railroad stop and the town were established.

In 1996, the members of South Trinity Presbyterian Church in southeast Davidson County united with the Smyrna church strengthening our numbers.  Together, in 1999, we relocated to our new church where we are continuing the course the Lord has set before us.  

 

Contents © 2017 First Presbyterian Church of Smyrna | Church Website Provided by mychurchwebsite.net | Privacy Policy